In accordance with the American Nurses Association Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice, the registered nurse, under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the health care continuum. The registered nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and in accordance with established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and standards of practice. Reports to the unit nurse manager.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, BSN preferred
- NRP, BLS certifications required
- 6 Month recent Mother Baby experience required
- Prior Nursery experience required
- Commitment to becoming Certified in Maternal Newborn Nursing or obtaining a Certification as a Lactation Counselor or IBCLC within one year of hire required.
- Experience in working with a high risk population and neonatal abstinence syndrome strongly preferred
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Second Language (beyond that of English) preferred.
- Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities
Req ID: 14818Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION