Conducts the screening and enrollment of study participants, including explaining research procedures, and obtaining informed consent of subjects. Responsible for the administrative aspects of the research study, including managing records and handling communication needs. Schedules appointments of study participants conducts reminder phone calls and/or sends mailouts. Reviews the data collection forms for each enrollee for completion and quality. Perform administrative duties associated with the study’s Data Monitoring and Safety Board, tracking and reporting adverse events and collecting data specified by the DSMB. Responsible for all other administrative duties related to research activities. Assists in completing Institutional Review Board (IRB) approvals and correspondence, including amendments and renewals as necessary. Conducts literature searches. Assists study team with manuscript, presentation preparation and research. Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the hospital’s goals and mission. Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures. Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
0-1 year of research experience.
Experience working in health care and compliance is essential.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and knowledge of applicable software applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.). Knowledge of statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS, or STATA).
- Ability to read and analyze scientific reports.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills with organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter who possesses leadership qualities, tact, and discretion and the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Willing to adapt to change and take direction.