- Works closely with the Associate Director of Research Operations, Community Operations team, Informatics Core, and Community Engagement Core to strategize and troubleshoot around collection, integration, translation, and dissemination of community-level public health data.
- Works with the above teams and Community Data Managers (CDMs) to coordinate CDM fieldwork initiatives, to monitor and track community engagement and activities, and to ensure protocol adherence, quality assurance, and HIPAA compliance.
- Serves as a resource for CDMs, other research study staff and key community stakeholders to present and interpret data and support community coalitions in making informed, data-driven decisions.
- Oversees the integration of community data into interactive web-based dashboards that allow stakeholders to track study progress in their local community.
- Supports collaborative work with the Informatics Core to improve the quality of data reported from addiction treatment programs in the state of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health through workflow redesign, and design, integration, and utilization of informatics tools.
- Implements needs assessment to identify coalition training needs related to data collection, reporting, interpretation, and translation of information back to their communities.
- Develop and execute professional development training plans for CDMs and other relevant study support staff, as well as training and technical assistance for coalitions based on needs assessment.
- Travel to communities to assist/stand in for CDMs as needed.
- Drives initiatives critical to success of the study by setting goals, building cross-functional teams, and problem-solving to meet tight deadlines.
- Assigns and monitors CDMs’ workload to ensure maximum productivity creates an atmosphere and conditions that motivate employees to work at optimal efficiency.
- Utilizes hospital’s behavioral standards to establish a positive environment in which all study participants and research staff are treated with dignity and respect.
- Completes employee performance reviews within a timely manner, and in accordance with BMC policy. Provides ongoing assessment and feedback to all employees develops professional development plans for each employee annually implements performance improvement plans where appropriate.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Must adhere to all of BMC’s RESPECT behavioral standards.
Master’s degree in related field (may consider candidates with a Bachelor’s degree who have at least 4 years directly related research and /or clinical experience).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of three years of experience in public health or health care administration, including experience with the coordination of multifaceted health services, research, and/or evaluation projects.
- Personnel management experience is preferred.
- Experience working with substance using populations preferred.
- Interest in informatics/data management preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented, have exceptional communications and writing skills, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in data analysis and manuscript preparation is helpful.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Power Point, and Excel is essential.
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of social, racial and ethnic populations.
- Organizational ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and to prioritize duties.