Major responsibilities include working with leadership of the study cores to ensure the effective coordination of research activities as they pertain to data and study outcomes. The Associate Director of Informatics will serve as liaison between the Informatics Core and the other study cores on matters related to data collection, data management, data analysis and community-related data projects.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
ADVANCE INFORMATICS-RELATED PROJECTS:
- Oversee Informatics Core's adherence to overall project timeline.
- Ensure that the informatics activities are implemented smoothly among the communities by monitoring its progress and productivity.
- Serve as the liaison between the Informatics Core and the other study cores on matters related to data collection, data management, data analysis and community-related data projects.
- Serve as a senior representative of the study team in negotiations and communications with community partners.
- Develop and enhance relationships with Massachusetts community organizations and local governments, investigators, and regulatory agencies.
- Work alongside project leaders to engage communities to understand existing workflows and data collection processes and complete needs assessments to inform decisions.
- Monitor integrated relationships with study academic collaborators and lead efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the research activities.
- Develop, enhance, and implement processes, procedures, and systems to facilitate the Informatics Core research activities.
- Present regular progress reports on activities to the study team.
- Support and oversee development of analyses and reporting of results, including abstract preparation and manuscript development.
- Work with vendors as needed.
Personnel management & training:
- Oversee assigned personnel including supervising tasks and department function; promotes guidance and developmental opportunities including performance evaluations and training. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities.
- Provide effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for teamwork and motivation and fosters the effective integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Oversee trainings required for study implementation.
- Monitor productivity and performance to identify and evaluate strengths and training opportunities in relation to operational effectiveness.
- Oversee a uniform on-boarding process for all study personnel.
UPHOLD REGULATORY COMPLIANCE:
- Assist the PI and Core Director with establishing and adhering to policies to ensure compliance with federal and local regulations around human subjects' data research.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in regulations and law that will affect the research study in order to maintain a state of compliance. Digest information and provide updated data to research community and/or change administration procedures in order to comply with regulatory changes.
- Ensure the use of Good Clinical Practice procedures among the study team.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of inter-relationships of functional areas and how to enhance employee, financial, and overall performance.
- Support and foster opportunities to improve processes and act as a catalyst for realizing these improvements.
- Act as a facilitator and generator of new ideas and a mediator on difficult issues.
- Create and foster a team-oriented work environment.
- Develop, coach, and mentor staff for future leadership roles. Participate in overall succession planning and retention initiatives.
- Carry out other assignments or special projects as assigned.
Occasional travel beyond regular working hours anticipated (e.g., a few times per month).
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Master's degree in related field. Appropriate combination of education certifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- At least 5 years related experience in research or project management, quality improvement, program evaluation, information technology or related experience required.
- Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in substance use, healthcare, academic research, or non-profit field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of software development processes and clinical and community based research preferred.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to anticipate objections and plan appropriate responses; ability to perform and lead effectively in stressful situations and solve problems as they occur.
- Must be exceptionally organized to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with standard software used in office setting (i.e., MS Word, Excel, web browser, etc)
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a multi-layered interdisciplinary team and outside contacts.
- Must be a dedicated team player, with a willingness to learn and impart knowledge to the staff.
Req ID: 14546Apply Back to Top