BMC clinical departments and front-line staff, and other stakeholders to define clinical information needs and deliver clear and actionable reports and analytics to support these efforts. The Director will be BMC's subject matter expert in internal clinical data and external quality data and analytics resources.
We are looking for a Director of Clinical Quality Analytics to join our System Analytics team. This individual
will lead BMC's activities in hospital quality and patient safety improvement analytics and serve the clinical information
needs of physicians and department leads.
* Partner with Quality department to develop strategies and initiatives to improve optimal performance in Core
Measures/MassHealth and other quality metrics
* Understand and address the information needs of executive and front line governance, leadership and staff in order
to support continuous improvement of patient care processes and outcomes throughout BMC.
* Work with Quality and other BMC clinical departments/stakeholders to track all analytics and data requests and
develop a governance/prioritization process
* Develop models to understand the drivers of quality performance on key accreditation measures (e.g, CMS STARS)
and support prioritization of efforts to optimize our quality measures
* Collaborate with senior management, clinical leadership and peers to translate business and clinical information
objectives into data analytics strategic/tactical business and systems development plans
* Lead and manage efforts throughout BMC to develop industry leading strategies to measure quality and safety,
evaluate current performance against appropriate benchmarks, track trends and develop strategies to evaluate the
results of improvement work.
* Maintain expert knowledge of key external vendors and information systems (e.g., Vizient, UHC)
* Develop and maintain ongoing dashboards to measure performance on hospital quality measures. Work with ITS
group to automate/standardize as required. Examples of ongoing clinical reporting requirements include:
o Mortality dashboards
o Surgeon scorecards
o Monthly PHI o Opioid dashboard * Support Boston Accountable Care Organization (BACO) efforts in tracking hospital measures for commercial (e.g., BCBS AQC) and Medicare contracts * Analyze data with appropriate statistical methodologies (e.g., regression analyses). Work with Data Science group within System Analytics where necessary to bring in necessary expertise. * Work with clinical leaders and front-line staff to adapt workflows as necessary to ensure capture of clinical information needed for quality and patient safety analytics * Actively support the efforts of clinical departments, programs and clinical units to identify, obtain and actively utilize quantitative information needed to support clinical quality monitoring and improvement activities. * Build/evolve capabilities in data visualization and dashboarding (e.g., Tableau) * Provide effective direction, guidance and mentoring for direct and indirect reports. Will manage a team of 3-5 Quality Improvement Analysts. Actively work to help staff develop professional skills and meet his/her career goals. Create appropriate job descriptions and recruit and retain highly skilled analytics staff.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above
is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
Bachelor's Degree required; Masters degree in healthcare management, public health, business, statistics, or data science
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
* Minimum 7 years work experience, with at least 5 years of experience working in hospital quality, healthcare
information management, healthcare analytics, or other relevant healthcare field.
* Experience managing teams and in driving major cross-functional projects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects on strict timelines.
* Positive attitude and willingness to own all aspects of a project
* Superb communication skills to distill complicated issues into clear recommendations. Ability to translate
technical concepts to non-expert audiences.
* Ability to relate to many levels in the organization, including physicians, executives, managers, and front line staff.
* Ability to develop consensus across multiple teams and stakeholders
* Ability to manage and prioritize across multiple projects to meet deadlines
* Expertise in EPIC / EMR systems
* Thorough knowledge of hospital quality and patient safety measures (CMS, Leapfrog)
* Advanced computer skills required, including SQL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SAS or SPSS, and Crystal
Report writing. Demonstrated ability to employ powerful analytic software required to analyze data residing in large relational databases. * Sound understanding of statistics and ability to use this knowledge in the analysis and presentation of data.
Excellent problem solving skills
Req ID: 14496Apply Back to Top