Under the general direction of the Technical Supervisor, provides ancillary support for clinical activities by performance and appropriate interpretation of moderate and high complexity clinical laboratory tests as defined under CLIA ྔ. May also perform phlebotomy or therapeutic procedures.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science which includes successful completion of a supervised course of clinical internship in an approved hospital laboratory, or a Bachelor's degree in an applied science (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry).
- Experience required with Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry: must have two years of experience in a clinical laboratory. Experience required with a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science: must have one year experience in clinical laboratory.
- Requires the knowledge of clinical tests and standards necessary to perform highly complex tests as defined by CLIA (see appendix A) and accurately report results.
- Requires the analytic abilities to perform highly complex testing as defined under CLIA 88 as listed in the appendix A to interpret findings, perform calculations, calibrate instruments, review highly complex testing performed by other employees as defined by CLIA guidelines and so forth.
- Requires the ability to maintain compliance with all regulatory agency (e.g. JC, CAP, FDA, AABB) requirements.
- Requires the manual/visual dexterity necessary to prepare specimens, prepare solutions, screen specimens and operate a computer software system. Requires interpersonal and English verbal and written language skills sufficient to exchange information with physicians, interact with other technologists and so forth.
- Requires the ability to perform venipuncture techniques