- Serves as a key support for the Family Medicine and OBGYN departments ensuring the department operates in an effective, efficient, and professional manner.
- Oversees/coordinates specific projects; provides leadership in project management; gathers deliverables from required constituents; tracks, analyzes, and makes recommendations or raises concerns on status reports, issue resolution, and program actual against project charter, budget, and/or plan.
- Acts as liaison between departments and makes independent decisions to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative support to the Family Medicine and OBGYN departments, including, but not limited to: scheduling appointments, scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, following up on meeting-generated tasks, preparing documents, spreadsheets and presentation slides.
- Independently composes high level correspondence and documentation of professional quality. Edits and proofreads all written materials and verifies the validity of data for all documents and reports prior to submission/distribution.
- Maintains departmental calendars accurately with particular attention to preventing scheduling conflicts.
- Organizes and coordinates departmental meetings or committees, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking invitations, procuring food and beverage if necessary and ensuring vendor payment. Sets up room and equipment (such as conference calls, audio-visual equipment, projector, etc., as needed).
- Prepares meeting agenda; prepares and distributes information packages required for meetings. Takes and prepares minutes of meetings. Ensures that minutes and other written documents are professional and accurate.
- Deals discreetly with highly sensitive, confidential written, electronic, and oral communications concerning staff, department, and hospital matters. Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance to the department and the institution.
- Serves as the department administrative expert with regards to scheduling policies & procedures.
- May perform office related duties, such as picking up mail, categorizing and delivering mail, storing and distributing office supplies, handling faxes, scanning, filing, photocopying/collating materials, maintaining the update of policy manuals, etc.
- Work with the Vice-Chairs of Family Medicine and OBGYN to coordinate all scheduling for the clinical deployments on the in-patient and out-patient services using QGenda.
- Ensure all stakeholders meet deadlines to publish schedules on-time.
- Collaborate with clinic-based administrative staff; anticipate issues and proactively work to avoid miscommunications.
- Help clinical staff members adhere to scheduling and vacation policies.
- Maintain oversight of any coverage issues and escalate as needed. Identify any coverage gaps and work with Vice Chairs to fill, including determining which tasks will be call-for-pay.
- Serve as expert with regard to each department's scheduling policies and procedures, including holiday coverage, time-off requests, vacation/sick inquiries, annual session commitments, call commitments, call-for-pay rates
- Manages holiday tracking and assignments for all faulty
- Assist in scheduling and organizing annual Family Medicine scheduling meetings
- Create and maintain schedule templates in QGenda. Create and post the call schedules.
- Approve requests and swaps for onsite services per policies; seek guidance from Vice Chairs or Directors as needed.
- Assist in finding emergency coverage.
- Responsible for hours and sessions reconciliation on quarterly basis. Prepare and distribute reports to faculty members.
- Meet with all new faculty as part of on-boarding. Train faculty on QGenda functionality as well as departmental policies and guidelines.
- Enter FMLA dates into QGenda; communicate with senior directors.
- Update the BMC on-call system.
- Assist with answering department main phone line
- Fulfill malpractice insurance requests for license renewals
- Adheres to department and hospital standards, including the following:
- Adapts to changes in the departmental needs including but not limited to: offering assistance to other team members, adjusting assignments, etc.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the department and the hospital's mission and goals.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Other duties as needed.
- HS/GED plus 7 + years relevant experience or
- Associates plus 5+ years relevant experience or
- Bachelors with at least 3 years relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Requires strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers. Ability and willingness to become proficient with QGenda and other applications.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Self-motivated; excellent problem-solving skills; takes initiative to anticipates problems; seeks solutions proactively.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with all levels of faculty and staff, as well as outside contacts.
Req ID: 14451Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION