The Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for providing pharmacy services which include, but are not limited to, preparing and distributing pharmaceuticals, performing inventory control and, providing customer service, maintaining pharmacy records, and operating and monitoring pharmacy automated technology systems,. The Pharmacy Technician I works under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist and/or the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor to ensure delivery of high quality patient focused pharmacy services.
The Outpatient/Retail Pharmacy Technician I (only) performs data entry tasks such as prescription transcription and entry, resolution ofinsurance claim issues, and contacts providers as appropriate for the pharmacist.
Requires a high school diploma (or State accepted equivalency).
Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Board of Pharmacyor have a Massachusetts Pharmacy Intern License.Current pharmacy technician certification (CPhT) is required from a board approved credentialing program, PTCB or exCPT. Pharmacy Interns are not required to hold CPhT certification.
Must pass a departmental administered written exam
Experience: None required; 6 months - 1 year experience preferred.
- Work requires effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with hospital staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, colleagues, and others.
- Ability to speak the English language, read, interpret and follow complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy and dependability.
- Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, including being able to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios/proportions).
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Req ID: 14433Apply Back to Top