ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Serves the data and information needs of a wide variety of customers including physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, administrator and a wide-variety of non-technical staff throughout Works closely with BMC Data Warehouse team to extract data using SQL tools Performs as an expert user of the University Health System Consortium Clinical Database in order to acquire need to support customers throughout BMC Integrates data from BMC Data Warehouse, UHC and other sources as needed Analyzes data using appropriate statistical/epidemiological methodologies, including (but not limited to) regression analysis/risk adjustment, using tools such as SAS, SPSS, and other tools as needed. Prepares graphical reports for a wide variety of customers throughout BMC in a manner that meets the needs of end-users Meets with customers throughout BMC including administrators, clinicians and staff to understand data/information needed in order to manage the clinical enterprise and facilitate quality improvement activities Provides data and information to customers in a readily accessible, understandable and actionable manner using tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Crystal Reports, Visio and other tools as needed Serves on quality improvement teams to support data and information needs of high priority quality improvement projects. Supports development, updating and distribution of quality and patient safety dashboard and other standard reports Promotes continual improvement in data visualization and reporting processes Trains end-user community in pragmatic interpretation of statistics, such as statistical process control Provides guidance to lower-level analysts and aids Director of Clinical Analytics in project management Performs other duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Master's degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a position focused on the delivery of numerical data to a wide variety of customers.
- Experience in health care strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced proficiency use of desktop productivity tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to use ACCESS, SQL or similar analytic tools
- Demonstrated ability to use SAS, SPSS, or similar statistical tools
- Ability to organize, synthesize and analyze large amounts of information
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver required products in a timely manner
- Must be well-organized
- Detail oriented with a commitment to producing analytic product that consistently meets the highest standards of accuracy.
- Ability to understand and meet the information needs of clinical and administrative customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Strong verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, administrator and a wide-variety of non-technical staff.
- Ability to explain data analysis to non-technical audiences
Req ID: 14322Apply