The Senior Director will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Boston Medical Center Health System Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence teams. This will include the hospital data warehouse, health plan data warehouse and routine reporting. Key responsibilities include rationalization of existing legacy products and procedures, design and development of a new enterprise wide reporting platform, and ensuring efficient use of resources to meet organizational service levels.
The Senior Director will also be responsible for development of existing staff and recruiting as needed; developing policies and procedures; and managing relationships with clinical and administrative stakeholders.
The Senior Director will be part of the BMCHS IT leadership team and will participate in overall IT governance and management activities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- 70 % managerial responsibilities and 30% hands-on involvement primarily in architectural design and policy development
- Ability to work independently and experienced enough to know when to seek advice and direction. Not hesitant to put out ideas and review options with a broader group
- Strong communication and senior management facing skills - review issues, collect requirements, iterate on options, present solutions/model results to stakeholders, gain client buy-in
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse workforce, preferably in a partially-virtual setting.
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously, can react “on the fly” to changing situations.
- Commitment to build relationships with both internal IT colleagues and business stakeholders.
- Understanding of IT governance techniques with an appreciation for the tradeoffs required in the “real world”
- Ensure team members and stakeholders understand project objectives and set appropriate expectations for delivery
- Tightly manage risks and issues to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met
- Lead enterprise data governance effort in collaboration with the Sr. Dir. Enterprise Analytics
- Current knowledge of existing best practices in the data
Bachelor's degree in technical, clinical or business discipline; or equivalent experience required. Master's degree in technical, clinical, or business discipline preferred
- 15 years' experience, with a minimum 5 years leading a data warehouse/business intelligence organization
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of the organization
- Experience managing vendors
- Experience developing and managing to a budget
- Successfully developed a data warehousing/reporting strategy
- Current knowledge of best practice tools and techniques in data warehousing
Req ID: 14301Apply Back to Top