ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Oversee operations budget and planning process and set long-term priorities and goals for development office.
- Direct information technology-related projects and processes, including Raiser’s Edge database, online giving and e-campaigns, and event auction management.
- Manage operations staff members and serve as resource to the development team’s staff members on
- all fiscal, operation, and information system needs.
- Manage marketing/communications staff members and drive strategy and measurement for
- development’s marketing and communications initiatives.
- Direct gift processing and donor acknowledgement systems and procedures, ensuring productivity and quality standards.
- Partner with the finance office to ensure systems are in place to accept, maintain, and report on gifts, pledges, and funds from donors and departments. Ensure all reporting activities are handled with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Implement policies to ensure department procedures are in compliance with internal and external auditing measures.
- Prepare monthly pledge balance report, issue pledge reminders and maintain pledge documentation for all fundraising activities.
- Manage operations of annual fundraising events, including planning and coordination of logistics, budget planning, event promotion, and back-end financial operations.
- Analyze and develop improvements to departmental systems and processes that support the fundraising operation, to ensure productivity and quality standards.
- Develop metrics to analyze fundraising and staff performance data, interpret results and prepare/present reports.
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing fundraising results through direct mail and online giving at the annual fund level.
- Coordinate website/online giving planning and development.
- Assume responsibility for special projects as directed by Vice President of Development.
JOB DESCRIPTION CHARACTERISTICS
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is required Advanced degree in a related filed such as business, management, accounting, etc. is preferred.
At least 7 years experience managing operations and systems in a complex environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong financial management experience, budget planning, and projections
- Demonstrated success in data management and data reporting
- Capacity to manage effectively in a complex environment
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Provide timely response to requests for information, service and assistance
- Ability to handle confidential and delicate information.
- Ability to work with numerous internal clients and handle a multitude of tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.