Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It´s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all—and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Overview: Boston Medical Center (BMC) provides a specialty pharmacy service to serve the complex medication needs of its chronic patients. BMC Specialty Pharmacy will provide patients who require specialty drugs a comprehensive service program that includes an on-site pharmacy staffed with a care team that includes: Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Liaisons. The cornerstone of BMC's Specialty Pharmacy approach is an unparalleled level of integration with the clinical team coupled with highly personalized service, thus driving better outcomes at lower cost.
General description: BMC is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who is looking for a challenging career in specialty pharmacy management services. Applicant MUST be nationally certified and registered as a technician in Massachusetts. A Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with extensive experience in all facets of pharmacy is preferred. Applicant should be results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality. A natural forward-planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, well-presented, professional and comfortable in dealing with others both in-person and on the phone. Critical to this position is a person who is able to work well under deadlines and time pressures. Incumbent must be reliable, tolerant, and determined; an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Most importantly, must be able to work as a member of a close-knit team.
• Must meet one of the following: *For candidates with high school diploma or GED, work requires at least 4 years related pharmacy experience.* For candidates with an Associate's degree or 2 years post-high school college coursework, work requires at least 2 years related pharmacy experience.* Candidates with a Bachelor's degree must have at least 3 months related pharmacy experience.
• Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Board of Pharmacy in Massachusetts.
• Pharmacy technician national certification by PTCB or ExCPT is required.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills required. Strong phone skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to provide superb personalized customer service and to instill confidence and to advocate for patients; ability to explain required information to customers in a comprehensible manner.
• Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of social, racial and ethnic populations.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word. Ability to quickly learn other applications (such as SDK, SCM, Logician, NEHEN Trizetto, EWS, EPIC, etc.,) and able to extract relevant information.
• Ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, including being able to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios/proportions).
• Ability to be self-directed, multi-task, prioritize essential duties and meet deadlines.
• Ability to actively promote the hospital's objectives through direct coordination and commitment to the program's goals.
• Organized, high-integrity, attention to detail, dependable, quality focus, and empathetic, good listener/communicator.
• Must practice discretion and confidentiality as position deals with highly sensitive and private data.
• Flexibility to adapt to changes in the departmental needs including but not limited to: offering assistance to other team members, adjusting assignments, etc.
• Bilingual or multi-lingual skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is a plus.
Req ID: 14121Apply Back to Top