The Accounts Payable and Payroll Coordinator will serve in a key position supporting the Departments of Neurology (80% effort) and Neurosurgery (20% effort). This critical role will be the primary person responsible for all accounts payable and payroll related manners. The position requires comfort with learning financial reporting systems, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Design Process for timely invoice approval and payment.
- Enter approved invoices, employee reimbursements and check requests in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Ensure proper coding of invoices
- Work with internal and external customers regarding account and expense inquiries
- Research and resolve accounts payable discrepancies and issues submitted by telephone or email
- Ensure accuracy and policy compliance for all expense reports by reviewing and processing faculty and staff expense reports
- Validate invoice content, accuracy, and approval authorization.
- Develop regular reporting to Administrative Directors on monthly transactions.
- Reconcile all company credit card accounts, which includes reviewing statements for accuracy and interfacing with cardholders to gain appropriate receipts and documentation within required timelines
- Obtain required Invoice approvals from management prior to payment
- Process monthly payrolls and other compensations or deductions (e.g., annual bonuses, overpayments)
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates or distributions
- Serves as departmental expert for payroll and timekeeping policies.
- Works collaboratively with external departments, like Human Resources, and represents clinical departments at hospital meetings related to payroll.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions
- Provide excellent customer service to employees by responding to general inquiries regarding payroll information
- Track and manage payroll files
- Follow up with requests from other departments/auditors for information/reports
- Perform analytical and ad hoc reporting as required
- Provide information for monthly key performance indicators
- Suggest process improvements to increase workflow efficiency
- Assist with other administrative duties and special ad hoc projects as needed
Associates Degree or higher
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
At least two years of Accounts Payable and/or Payroll experience preferred
Experience with Lawson and SAP preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Comfortable working independently
- Must be highly organized, be able to prioritize, and communicate project status effectively
- Must exercise good judgement and confidentiality
- Strong data entry ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to process large volumes of data
- Proven ability to set and meet ambitious deadlines, handle numerous multifaceted financial matters and see projects through to conclusion
Must exercise good judgement and confidentiality
Req ID: 14110Apply Back to Top