• Manages staff responsible for the configuration of transaction systems and integrated systems including configuration changes and implementation of new functionality.
• Performs and provides guidance on impact analysis related to configuration changes across systems.
• Chairs the application governance meetings for the applications under their scope of responsibility; ensures a transparent, collaborative process for priority setting and resource allocation with business leads.
• Works with & mentors team and business users to identify, develop and document business needs and develop functional specifications when appropriate.
• Maintains on-going communication with users in the use and maintenance of the applications. Leads reviews of documentation and impact assessment of system upgrades and new functionality.
• Ensures departmental SLAs are being met for reported issues by working with staff to resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
• Serves as the escalation point for the business regarding high priority issues.
• Responsible for ensuring that releases to Production are coordinated with all IT support staff, and are fully tested, UAT has been completed, and end users have signed off.
• Manages multiple concurrent priorities. Interacts with the system users, other team members, and participates in, and leads interdepartmental teams.
• Independently performs business analysis/configuration activities on larger, high impact projects as assigned.
• Supervises a team of Application Analysts activities including work allocation, scheduling, and planning. Completes Performance Reviews, and provides feedback to staff for development and continuous improvement.
• Trains staff on methodologies, systems and business processes.
• Attends meetings and provides management coverage during absences.
• Participate in audits and is responsible for maintaining complete documentation for audit purposes.
• Manages the relationship with software application vendors.
• Creates and maintains resource plans for both day to day project work.
• Continually work with business leaders and the applications team to improve the governance process.
• Supervises 5-10 staff
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• BA Certificate.
• BA Master Certificate.
• 8+ years progressively responsible business and information systems knowledge.
• Demonstrated experience with transactional system configuration. Experience in managed healthcare or insurance operations.
• Experience with relational data base concepts, as well as experience testing and implementing third party applications and tools.
• 4 years of prior management experience.
• Proven leadership skills and ability to build effective teams and manage multiple projects is required
• Must be able to utilize analytic skills to conceptualize and envision the impact of change, and propose new ways to do business.
Req ID: 14074Apply Back to Top