1. Present and available within assigned area to capture/support MMH patient prescription requests/needs.
2. Works in collaboration with patients and health care providers to identify and evaluate referred patients for My Medicine Health Program while also pursuing new areas of opportunity to increase program enrollments.
3. Facilitates/coordinates the process whereby prescriptions are sent into BMC outpatient pharmacy for MMH patients, processed appropriately, adjudicated to third party insurance, error resolution completed, filled and prepared for the ultimate dispensing to the patient.
4. Follows established MMH workflow following up with patients requesting enrollment and patients currently enrolled to initiate or continue delivery of medication regimens.
5. Acts as an ambassador for MMH Services by being professional, maintaining a positive and enthusiastic disposition, exhibiting excellent AIDET skills, accommodating, and knowledgeable in all patient/provider interactions.
6. Ensures assigned prescription processing tasks are accurate and reviewed by supervising personnel as required by law before dispensing to patients.
7. Motivated to meet set targets as established by Ambulatory Care Program Manager and MMH Pharmacist.
8. Provides feedback and/or solutions on how to improve the MMH patient/client experience/process and offer viable solutions for consideration.
9. Makes sound decisions and conducts necessary follow up for problematic situations that may arise during the established process.
10. Immediately reports to the MMH Pharmacist/Ambulatory Care Program Manager any issues or areas of concern relating to patient care or the MMH process.
11. Develops relationships with patients and clinic teams establishing program value as providing beneficial services and support to patients and providers.
12. Utilizes the patient electronic medical record to complete medication reconciliation and evaluate relevant provider notes, medication history, and any other information necessary to ensure correct medications are prepared and filled.
13. Initiates patient medication alignment and synchronization, patient outreach, prescription billing, filling and processing preparing for MMH Pharmacists final quality assurance.
14. Provides training and orientation to new team members and contributes to a professional and confidential environment at all times.
15. In all activities, complies with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements.
16. Attends and participates in department staff development conferences or other activities related to staff development.
17. Develops competencies as related to position. Maintains own professional and specialized competency through continued education.
18. Meets hospital-wide standards in the following areas:
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
19. Performs other related tasks as needed and assigned. Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
Req ID: 13856Apply Back to Top