Assists the pharmacist in providing effective, appropriate, and safe pharmacy services:
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Maintains all work environments in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintains good telephone communication skills.
- Ensures all work is checked by a pharmacist.
- Attends and participates in all appropriate department programs and committees.
- Remains informed by reading all department communications which includes maintaining a working knowledge of pharmacy protocol, policies and updated procedures.
- Reports to the pharmacist or their supervisor the finding of malfunctioning equipment, and unsafe working conditions.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency on systems/applications as related to the outpatient/retail operations; Script-Pro, Innovation-RobotX, RxSafe, PickPoint, QS/1-NRx, and RxASP/Dispill. Also, has above basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Access, Word, etc.
- Performs all department required quality assurance responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintains own professional and specialized competency through continuing education.
- Ability to work independently.
- Conforms to hospital standards of conduct so that the best possible customer service and patient care may be provided:
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Supports the service needs of the pharmacist relative to pharmacy services and maximized patient care outcomes.
- Provides performance improvement documentation, charts, etc. to support progress and efficiency relating to training programs, automation, systems, etc.
- Utilizes hospital's Values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the division's hospital mission.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Reports to the pharmacist or his/her supervisor the finding of malfunctioning equipment.
- Must demonstrate annual proficiency to perform tasks relating to the systems and applications within the outpatient pharmacy department.
- Provides orientation and training for pharmacists, technicians, and students as assigned.
- As assigned will provide training to Pharmacy Technicians I and II.
- May be responsible for managing and growing employee prescription capture to meet monthly goals, annual growth and annual targets for the retail and specialty pharmacy population.
- Performs other duties and projects as needed such as lead QA projects, scheduling and others established by the department director as needed.
- Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the MA Board of Pharmacy.
Must also have national certification (CPT) from Pharmacy Tech Certification Board (PTCB) or Exam of Certified Pharmacy Techs (exCPT)
Requires four to five years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Requires excellent interpersonal skills, telephone communications skills and pharmaceutical calculation skills. Must be able perform at a high level in all aspects of outpatient pharmacy operations and must maintain competency in all areas of outpatient pharmacy.
Req ID: 13787Apply Back to Top