ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Obtains medication histories on all assigned patients during scheduled shifts
- Performs patient and/or caregiver interviews to obtain dose and frequency of current medications including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and herbal supplements
- Calls outpatient pharmacies or other healthcare facilities to confirm medication regimens or investigate discrepancies when necessary
- Communicates medication-related issues to all appropriate health care professionals
- Writes formal notes in the electronic medical record where appropriate, documenting the findings of the medication history
- Provides exemplary customer service to Boston Medical Center staff and patients
- Delivers exceptional care to patients with empathy and respect
- Maintains the confidentiality of all designated hospital and patient information at all times
- Conforms to Boston Medical Center's standards of conduct so that the best possible customer service and patient care experience is provided:
- Conducts interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and fellow employees in a courteous and customer friendly manner
- Takes corrective action to improve performance on problem areas
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals
- Performs other related tasks as needed/as assigned
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a healthy work environment. A healthy work environment is one where people feel supported, held accountable, where standards are applied and expectations are clear. A healthy work environment is one where leadership supports and leads, models behavioral standards and sets the example for how to do all things right. Critical responsibilities related to this:
- Being engaged in the department, including managing up, owning team decisions, and communicating and supporting departmental and or organizational initiatives.
- Hold self and others to the highest ethical standards, and act with honor above all.
Must adhere to all of BMC's core values.
Req ID: 13634Apply Back to Top
+ READ FULL JOB DESCRIPTION