The Manager of Application Development is responsible for successfully delivering projects and enhancements to meet business objectives. Manages a team of programmer analysts who build and maintain business applications, including both those designed and built by the Plan and those that are purchased, as well as extensions, interfaces, extracts and utilities that enhance or integrate the applications. Leads the technical implementation of business application projects and new technology implementations.
- ? Manages the development of business applications, integration of systems and development of interfaces to and from outside partners and vendors
- ? Manages the application development staff to include hiring, work allocation, scheduling, professional development, problem resolution, performance evaluation and related supervisory activities.
- ? Manages and leads implementation of new applications following BMCHP SDLC process including development of Production turnover documentation
- ? Manages the development of enhancements to business applications, and the integration of those applications in the BMCHP environment.
- ? Understands the BMCHP Security Architecture and ensures that development and interfaces meets Security standards
- ? Works closely with Technical Operations to develop requirements for Servers, Storage and identify impacts to existing Infrastructure Environment.
- ? Works with Director and IT Senior Leadership to align business projects and initiatives with IT capabilities and strategy.
- ? Works with IT Senior Leadership on the establishment and implementation of IT Strategy, and Technology Roadmap.
- ? Establish, trains and mentor programmer analysts on standards, methodologies, systems and processes
- ? Manages work teams that may include contractors, on or off shore; responsible for managing contracts, deliverables and meeting BMCHP technical standards
- ? Participates in applications architecture and architecture review board; provides vision, problem anticipation and problem solving to the teams involved in analysis and applications development.
- ? Stay up to date on technology and proactively monitor technology trends
- ? May represent the Plan in external meetings with vendors, external work groups and other key stakeholders
- ? Works with Director during the budgeting process to assess required expenses for the department.
- Provides senior management coverage during absences
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- ? Supervises 5-10 staff.
- ? General supervision received weekly
- ? Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field required.
- ? A minimum of eight (8) years' progressively responsible experience in the development of software systems required, including multi-tiered client server and web-based applications, services, and objects.
- ? A minimum of five (5) years' experience designing and using relational databases, including Microsoft SQL server, required.
- ? Previous management experience required, 3+ years preferred.
- ? Experience developing and supporting high-volume, complex transaction systems
- ? Experience with .NET
- ? Experience with .NET, SQL Server or other relational database and programming languages
- ? Experience within healthcare industry, including a payor or managed care organization and with associated information systems.
- ? Experience building or migrating toward a service oriented architecture
Certification or Conditions of Employment:
- ? Pre-employment background check
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- ? Comprehensive knowledge of and competence with complex SQL stored procedures and Microsoft development tools, including .NET, ASP.NET, COM objects, C#, VB, VBA, VB Script is required.
- ? Java, Websphere, and IIS competency desired
- ? Knowledge of general windows system administration tasks desired
- ? Strong competency in applications development methodologies, best practices, and current technologies.
- ? Excellent communication skills
- ? Excellent analytical skills
- ? Ability to engage with all levels of the organization, both business and IT associates, as well as external vendors
- ? Ability to lead and mentor junior technical team members.
- ? Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- ? Strong influencing / negotiation skills
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- ? Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- ? No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Req ID: 13617Apply