Under the direction of the Director, Enterprise Information Management, the Report Developer III position is responsible for developing Data Quality dashboards, vendor and provider scorecards and reports. Develops detailed data quality reporting to allow business data stewards to remediate findings. This position must understand data quality methodology and understand how to translate business requirements into logical and physical data models in order to build high quality dashboards and scorecards and reports.
- Develops tests and deploys standard reports and dashboards based on business requirements.
- Works collaboratively with Business Systems Analysts, Business Data Stewards and/or directly with key business users to ensure data quality business requirements and dashboard KPIs are documented accurately and completely
- Follows established SDLC, change control, release management and incident management processes while developing and deploying standard reports.
- Utilizes established BI semantic meta-models in order to drive reporting standards, re-use, quality and reporting simplification.
- Assist Business Data Stewards with analysis of data quality issues.
- Suggests improvements to the semantic model where applicable and under guidance of the Data Architect, designs, develops and enhances the models.
- Works collaboratively with Project Managers to develop project plans and perform required project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Completes change requests for new dashboards, scorecards and reports in a timely manner with high quality.
- Provides technical guidance to business ad-hoc report users on appropriate usage of the semantic meta-models and BI tools.
- Stays current with the needs and operations of the business functional areas they support provides recommendations on the availability of existing reports and suggests opportunities to improve reporting solutions.
- Stays current with regulatory requirements.
- Remains technically fluent with new and existing BI tools, process and development techniques.
- Provides support as needed for software installations and upgrades.
- Participates in user group forums and knowledge transfer sessions.
- Partner effectively with business and technical groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study required.
- Masters degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is preferred..
- 5+ years of experience working with designing and implementing Data Quality dashboards, scorecards and reports.
- 8+ years’ experience working with BI tools and frame work models.
- Proficient with relational database concepts, data modeling and OLAP technologies.
- Experience with Information Builder Inc. WebFocus tool is desirable.
- Experience designing and developing database logical and physical data models.
- Experience managing data using ETL tools or scripting languages.
- Experience with SAS or SPSS.
- Knowledge of HEDIS, NCQA, DRG, DxCG or other healthcare data concepts.