The incumbent is responsible for coordinating all the functions and activities related to patient access including, but not limited to: front end customer service, patient registration, insurance/coverage verification, appointment scheduling, charge entry, billing and managed care, and a variety of administrative duties in support of department (such as coordination of physician credentialing, handling phones & mail, filling out forms, filing, photocopying, faxing, preparing letters, reports, etc.).
Performs a wide variety of administrative duties to ensure proper functioning of assigned department including, but not limited to:
- Reception & customer service
- creating or verifying registration demographics
- visit management appointment scheduling (including consults, tests, in-office procedures, follow-up visits and cross-booking interpreters, radiology, etc)
- Insurance/coverage verification
- Co-payment collection
- Insurance edits pre-authorization, referral coordination and referral reconciliation
- Referral work lists
- Administrative duties in support of the practice (such as handling forms, phones, filing, making appointments, photocopying, faxing, mailings, letters, reports, etc). Other related duties as needed.
- Provides general administrative support to include, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software to create and edit department documents and/or presentations.
- Provides physician and departmental support such as managing physician & manager calendars, scheduling physician & managers' administrative appointments, answering departmental calls, credentialing documents, etc.
- HS/GED plus 3+ years relevant experience.
- Bachelors degree or
- Associates plus 1 year relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are required to interact with internal and external contacts in a courteous and patient focused manner.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations and to balance multiple priorities.
- Strongcomputer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel & Outlook) and web/internet is required.
- Adheres to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
Req ID: 12446Apply