ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
Program Monitoring and Support:
- Monitors program guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all government regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the organization's mission.
- Works with the Director of Emergency Services to evaluate program outcomes and to ensure culturally appropriate continuum of services for clients.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the program, making adjustments as needed. Monitors quality initiatives, including staff recruiting and training, monitoring/reporting of significant clinical events, monitoring/recording patient/family satisfaction, and monitoring/recording satisfaction of referral sources.
- Works with health providers and co-facilitators to ensure seamless delivery of services for high need clients.
- Oversees 8-10 program staff Saturday-Sunday. Provides necessary ongoing training and technical support to ensure work is being completed in a safe, professional and productive manner.
- Assists in the supervision and performance of staff as well as the overall functioning of Call Center.
- Maintains a data management system ensuring timely and accurate data collection. Compiles quantitative and qualitative data and uses data to determine status of program activities.
- Serves as the department administrative expert with regards to compliance policies & departmental procedures.
- Monitors inventory of supplies and equipment. Works with Project Coordinator to ensure that necessary supplies are ordered/maintained.
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct, including those pertaining to patient rights, to ensure that exceptional customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals.
- Follow established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed.
JOB DESCRIPTION CHARACTERISTICS:
Master's Degree in Mental Health Field required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Independently licensed LICSW, LMHC
Seeking an individual with 5 years of relevant experience. Non-profit program coordination is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of social/behavioral science research methods & principles. Knowledge of program evaluation is helpful.
- Ability to be self-directed, prioritize essential tasks and balance numerous responsibilities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including and ability to work with individuals from a variety of disciplines, and on a variety of levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient with standard Microsoft programs (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers.
Req ID: 12213Apply Back to Top