The bonus will be paid upon completion of the new hire's probationary period
**Claw back Provision** If employee terminates his/her employment voluntarily before the end of the first twelve months of employment, he/she will be required to repay the Sign on Bonus to BMC in full.
We are excited to expand the leadership of the acute care rehabilitation service. We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified clinician (PT or OT) to supervise the Inpatient Rehabilitation Therapy team here at Boston Medical Center. This leader will exemplify and model the behavioral standards and core values of the hospital. Job duties include the coordination, supervision, and promotion of evidence based practice among the therapy team. This position will provide oversight and management of day to day operations. The supervisor will develop and provide growth opportunities for all assigned staff and students. They will be responsible for effective personnel management, training, orientation, mentoring and instilling a commitment of quality and excellence to all on the team. This supervisor will work to implement strategies to ensure employee and patient satisfaction. They will collaborate with leadership to analyze trends and implement strategies to improve care outcomes. The supervisor will participate in committees and strategic planning within the hospital to define and implement improvements to optimize patient care and therapist performance.
We are looking for a solution driven individual with a strong work ethic and passion for collaborative care and evidence based rehabilitation. If you are looking for career growth and an opportunity for professional development, please consider this new leadership role within our growing care team. You will have structured support and guidance to facilitate your growth in this role.
Personnel Management, supervision and evaluation of all staff:
- Responsible for effective personnel management including training, orientation, directing, mentoring and instilling a commitment to quality and excellence.
- Maintains effective and appropriate staffing by monitoring employee turnover, overtime, and absenteeism.
- Monitors productivity and performance to identify and evaluate program/ department strengths and training opportunities in relation to operational effectiveness.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations and disciplines when appropriate to include termination, with appropriate supportive documentation as per established policy. Completes appraisals within one (1) week of target date.
- Encourages staff and personally advances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs and workshops and maintaining knowledge of industry standards and practices. Coordinates and/or provides in-services training, as needed.
- Works with Human Resources and department Director on the selection of qualified candidates for employment following all policies, guidelines, and applicable laws.
Clinical Supervision & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the work performance of all therapy staff to ensure high quality of patient care delivery, accurate application of up to date treatment modalities and appropriate use of equipment and orthotic devices.
- Assists staff in setting realistic goals for patients and monitors progress. Provides ongoing guidance for goal achievement.
- Facilitates clinical problem solving skills by encouraging critical analysis of patient problems. Demonstrates clinical expertise and serves as a resource to all therapy staff.
- Works with Senior staff and Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (CCCE) to ensure quality of fieldwork training by monitoring staff and student performance, and assessing fieldwork program periodically.
- Performs therapist work as needed, including, but not limited to, evaluating patients, formulating appropriate treatment, monitoring & documenting patient progress and providing individual or group therapy services.
- In collaboration with the therapy manager, participates in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of the clinical care and outcomes of specific patient populations.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in the development and implementation of patient care policies, procedures, protocols, clinical guidelines, and standards of care.
- Collaborates with physician, administration, nursing and ancillary support in hospital/departmental cost containment initiatives and practices
- Ensures clinical therapy staff can identify actual or potential complications that may impact the course of hospitalization and progress with therapy, make an evidence based plan to maximize the functional progress of the patient, and evaluates and revises the plan as necessary
- Ensures that rehab therapy staff is prepared to function effectively, efficiently in emergency/crisis situations.
- Ensures that the therapy staff can demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age groups of patients who are regularly served. Consults appropriate resources when patients outside regularly served age populations are present.
- In collaboration with the Therapy Manager and the healthcare team, role models professional practice behaviors through assisting with direct patient care, clinical decision making, counseling, and teaching to patients and families with complex or specialized care needs.
- Mentors and models leadership behavior
- Effective communication
- Effective collaboration
- Effective decision making
- Unit-based leadership (eg, committees)
- Assists the Manager in SIM lab curriculum content for the Therapy staff.
- In collaboration with the Therapy Manager, analyzes systems, trends, and clinical pathway variances, and implements strategies to improve patient care/outcome.
- Maximizes efficiency of operational systems by:
- Identifying opportunities for intra/inter departmental operational process improvement
- Evaluating efficiency and cost-effectiveness of educational efforts.
- Evaluating the specialty service's clinical practice in relation to patient/family satisfaction.
- Participates in committees/task forces and organizational strategic planning committees to define, implement and communicate strategies for improvement.
- Responsible for the optimization of reimbursements. Audits encounter forms to ensure timely and accurate charge entries.
- Determines measurable unit goals, objectives and productivity that align with Hospital wide goals. Monitors progress quarterly.
- Monitors and forecasts patient trends and admission flow to assess need for new programs and/or additional staffing.
- Makes recommendations for equipment, space, staff allocation to Manager/Director. Ensure adequate clinical supply inventory on assigned units, projects supply needs and submits timely purchase requests and personnel requisitions.
- Contributes towards the advancement of clinical research by exploring opportunities for interdisciplinary research and by participating in the collection of clinical data.
- Contributes to and participates in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting overall operations, quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Utilizes hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for decision making and to support the hospital's mission and goals.
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety procedures.
- Communicates clinical specialty knowledge through publication, role modeling, and sharing expertise with the professional community.
- Identifies own learning needs and assumes responsibility for maintaining current knowledge, competency, and expertise in area of specialty.
- Completes annual mandatory educational requirements, e.g., safety review, infection control standards, departmental/specialty competencies, and maintains appropriate credentialed status.
- Participates in various therapy and hospital committees, councils, or task force when requested or the need identified.
Performs other duties as needed, and as requested by the manager.
Req ID: 12162Apply Back to Top