ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates directly with all internal and external referring physician's offices (Otolaryngologists, Primary Care Physicians and others) to assure seamless, efficient and timely scheduling of patient appointments and to assure efficient communication on all other matters related to patient care
- Forwards all consultation and other reports to external referring physician's by mail and or fax in a timely manner
- Retrieves all patient clinical data from external referring physicians (notes, imaging, lab data) and assures that these are all present and available prior to visit
- Schedules office consultations, surgical cases and office procedures to ensure efficient use of time with high patient satisfaction
- Arranges all pre-surgical and other appointments and tests, including imaging studies (PET-CT's, lab work, EKG and pre-operative evaluation by Primary Care Physician and other sub-specialty consultants
- Maintain physician's consultation, surgical, clinical and administrative calendars
- Develop appropriately sophisticated forms for communicating with patients (as part of brand development)
- Provide cost estimates and financing information to patients where appropriate
- Responsible for attaining legal and financial paperwork from patients prior to surgical date
- Personally consult with potential patients discussing, surgical booking and general information related to surgery
- Assist patients throughout the entire booking and surgical experience answering questions and providing overall care and support before and after surgery. Listens to any questions patients have prior to surgery and answers those questions or refers them to the appropriate medical personnel
- Answers and manages all calls for physicians and maintains a call list
- Responsible for keeping patients and entire office up to date on potential problems regarding patients, surgical dates and general scheduling issues
- Develop and maintain a database of patient records allowing office easy access to essential medical and personal information
- Create new marketing strategies and relations with potential patients via telephone, email, and mail
- Track and follow consultation and inquiries as leads
- Insurance liaison between patients and out of office insurance consultant.
- Develop and maintain patient database including photographs
- Assist patients with lodging, travel, and all other aspects of their surgical experience
- Develop preoperative and postoperative information packages
- Attends in-service staff meetings and seminars
- Attends monthly staff meetings
- Attends weekly Head and Neck Cancer tumor board conference
Perform other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing required; Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
Requires a current license as an R.N. in Massachusetts.
Oncology nursing certification preferred
Requires 3-5 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
Healthcare Management experience strongly preferred
Clinical experience in radiation oncology, medical oncology, and/or neuroscience strongly preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively with referring physicians, patients and families.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
Competency with hospital clinical information and electronic medical record systems.
Ability to work with multi-specialty teams.
Business writing skills sufficient to write letters to third party payors, develop brochure content, etc.
Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
Req ID: 12103Apply Back to Top