The Patient Navigator assists patients, families, and caregivers to navigate the many systems encountered during the treatment journey. Provides culturally appropriate education and outreach to patients, families/caregivers, by meeting with them during clinic sessions, making home visits, assisting in interactions with school system and community agencies. Provides administrative support by performing general clerical work and by with collecting and managing clinical and research data in a standardized format.
Minimum of a High School Education.
Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Individual must have experience (paid or volunteer) working with families of various backgrounds. Must have some familiarity navigating community resources and systems.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, diverse, decentralized environment, as a member of a health care team and comfortable working with multi-cultural, low-income families.
- Strong English communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and record keeping skills.
- Bilingual or multi-lingual skills appropriate to the patient population served are a big plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time effectively.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to interpret and record data and understand basic medical terminology.
Req ID: 11706Apply