Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It´s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all—and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet – an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
The role of the Learning Management System Training Coordinator encompasses but is not limited to the coordination of the Learning Management System (LMS) and Logistics by working with the eMerge training team and scheduling staff members to ensure accurate and timely planning, manage training materials within the LMS and participating in activities related to training build. Oversee assessments and maintenance of staff competency and progress within the eMerge training curriculum. Responsible for scheduling classes, managing calendars, maintaining training inventory, responding to audit inquiries and other personnel related items. Under supervision of the Training Manager, prepares various reports including course and proficiency exam completions. In addition to daily tasks of the LMS Coordinator, this candidate will also serve a dual role as an EHR Facilitator (Credentialed Trainer). The EHR Facilitator is guided by the Instructional Designer of their respective Epic application who works in collaboration with the Training Manager. The EHR Facilitator provides training support for Boston Medical Center’s eMerge electronic medical record implementation by educating and training super users and end users. They maintain a clear knowledge of their respective application and the workflows associated with that application, demonstrate excellent presentation skills, and have an excellent ability to answer end users questions related to their application. Additionally they support system go lives and optimization activities. Candidate must illustrate exceptional time management skills as their time and responsibilities will be split between the two roles.
Learning Management System and Logistics Coordination Responsibilities
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge base of LMS features and limitations.
- Develop scheduling tools to be used for end user training within the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Become familiar with organizational roles and processes.
- Schedule end users for the appropriate courses and pre-requisites as applicable to their role.
- Watch assigned e-learning modules for foundational understanding of Epic applications included in the implementation.
- Create Word documents/correspondence, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Access databases. Generate, proofread and edit correspondence for content and grammatical correctness.
- Develop and maintain course catalogs and online training materials from content provided by the Instructional Designers. Including but not limited to, eLearning modules, class companions/workbooks, quick start guides, proficiency exams, checklists and tip sheets.
- Maintain up-to-date training information and schedules (training web pages, database, calendar, room reservations).
- Research and respond to questions from all parties around scheduling issues or changes.
- Coordinate requests for training sessions with organizational leadership based upon employee work activities.
- Work closely with trainers to help adjust to last-minute changes on the schedules and communicate changes to affected participants and management.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail in planning, coordinating, and successful communication of training sessions.
- Maintain reservations for the LCD projectors and laptops, assisting in coordination of sign in and sign out for training staff.
- Maintain the inclement weather bulletin board and communicate changes to class per the inclement weather policy as needed.
- Run regular reports to determine class attendance compliance and communicate outstanding participation to training management and department leadership.
- Communicate attendance reports to appropriate department management to assure accurate payroll and time keeping.
- Interact with training management, purchasing, etc. to coordinate the ordering of supplies and equipment, making sure to maintain an adequate inventory and timely delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary
EHR Facilitator Responsibilities
- Complete the Epic Credentialed Training program and cross train in all applications.
- Participate in testing Epic functionality.
- Maintain current training materials of assigned application.
- Provide instructor led training courses to a diverse audience.
- Follow training curriculum as developed by the Instructional Designer.
- Document classroom attendance and completion within the Learning Management System.
- Deliver classroom exercises and proficiency exams as developed by the Instructional Designer.
- Maintain the ability to work variable shifts.
- Work with project/support team to identify and resolve workflow or application issues.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings.
- Provide feedback on users’ knowledge and skills to the training or optimization team and department leaders.
- Assist in testing Epic applications and validate workflows.